What to Do in Punta Cana in 2022 –
Undoubtedly, every year, or even often, our body signals to us that it needs some rest. And it is not surprising that after busy daily life, you do not have enough energy to work. That is why there is no better solution to this problem than to go on vacation. The question is, where can you relax enough to regain all your strength? Well, there is no better answer than the Dominican Republic. And if you are wondering why, in this article, you will find out what to do in Punta Cana.
Punta Cana Resort
Well, if you have ever wondered if it is possible to get rid of the endless Groundhog Day, then our answer is yes. All you need is a reset. How can you achieve it? Without a doubt, a vacation in a warm place by the ocean will help you with this. Punta Cana is the most popular Caribbean resort town, which annually receives about 4 million foreign tourists.
Incredible beaches with their white sand and turquoise waters will give you a dose of complete relaxation. This is exactly what it takes to energize you to get back into your routine. Moreover, Punta Cana is where the Atlantic Ocean meets the Caribbean Sea, which means that you will have an opportunity to explore the stunning underwater world of the Dominican Republic.
What can you do in Punta Cana?
- Beaches. Surely you have already seen the photos of the incredible beaches of Punta Cana. This is exactly what people come here for, to find themselves in a real paradise for a few days.
- Sports activities. Not seeing the underwater world in Punta Cana is tantamount to sin. Therefore, do not hesitate and plunge into this fairy tale.
- Restaurants. No doubt, you should taste seafood at a local restaurant on the shore to the sound of the ocean. But if you are not a fan of this kind of food, there is a great alternative for you in Dominican cuisine.
- Shopping. Coming to the Dominican Republic, it is impossible not to buy home popular local products or souvenirs. Especially Dominican coffee, which is one of the best Arabica coffee in the world.
- Excursions. Well, you cannot get bored here, as there is a large number of activities. You can find something based on your preferences, from passive relaxation to super-energetic ones.
Therefore, below in this article, we have prepared a more detailed description of all these activities.
The beaches are something you really
need to see in the DR
There is no lie when people say that Punta Cana has jaw-dropping beaches. Moreover, the total length of the beaches is approximately 32 kilometers. The coastline stretches from north to south, and from the Atlantic to the Caribbean. Most beaches have calm water, which makes them perfect for swimming and snorkeling. There are also numerous hotels, apartments, and villas with a stunning oceanfront location. So, let us tell you about the best beaches in the area.
- Bavaro Beach (Playa Bavaro). Well, we could not ignore this beach since it is the most popular and visited one in Punta Cana. This white sand paradise has calm water, which makes it perfect to swim with kids. In addition, if you are staying in the Bavaro area, then it will be convenient for you to go on excursions since most of them leave from here.
- Macao Beach (Playa Macao). Without a doubt, it is the best spot if you want to do windsurfing or other kinds of sport. As you know, Punta Cana is known for its calm waters, and it means that you cannot do some water sports because there are no rough waves and wind. So, you should visit Macao beach, which is the best spot for watersports there.
- Juanillo Beach. This beautiful beach has public access. Moreover, tourists rank it as one of the best beaches in the whole Dominican Republic. The coast, which is 3 kilometers long, is covered with white sand and washed by crystal clear water. In addition, there are also some luxurious hotels and sun loungers with umbrellas for tourists.
- Playa Blanca. No doubt, this is a heartbreaking white-sandy beach. Moreover, it literally translates from Spanish as “white beach”. We should mention that to get to its territory, you have to go to the Playa Blanca Restaurant or take water sports lessons right on the beach.
Things to do in Punta Cana during COVID-19
In general, you can do everything the same as without a pandemic. Since before departure, all tourists, in any case, do a COVID test, or they already have a vaccination certificate. Therefore, during your stay in Punta Cana, you can temporarily forget about many prohibitions, since the Dominican government is one of the most loyal. First of all, we recommend that you enjoy the nature of the tropics and be outdoors more often during your stay in the Dominican Republic. Apart from this, you still have the opportunity to visit restaurants and bars.
We strongly recommend that you visit Saona Island, which is a government-protected nature resort. The important thing is that the population there is about 500 inhabitants, and this means that there will be no crowds of people. Moreover, you can be sure that this stunning island will give you an unforgettable experience since many advertisements were filmed here because of its beauty. Nevertheless, we also recommend that you follow the safety rules and comply with all the requirements that are recommended to fight the pandemic.
Things to do in Punta Cana with family
Without a doubt, Punta Cana is known for being the best destination for a family vacation. Coming here, you will have many activities, the most difficult thing is to choose because of their amount. That is why we have prepared for you a small list of what you can do with the whole family while in this heavenly place.
- Redonda Mountain (Montaña Redonda). In our opinion, it is the best activity during the pandemic period. Especially, if you like hiking or being active during the vacation. Staying in the fresh air and going uphill is incredibly beneficial for your health. Moreover, taking this excursion, you will also get an opportunity to visit Macao Beach, which is considered the best beach for water sports in the Punta Cana area.
- Higüey Safari Tour. Do not hesitate, it is the best option to immerse yourself in the Dominican culture and find out more about nature since you can see many plantations and authentic places. Moreover, our company offers a private trip, where besides your family or group of ftiends there will be no other tourists. And the lack of contact with a large number of people is a big plus during COVID-19.
- Hoyo Azul Lagoon. Well, this unique place is a natural pool with turquoise waters, and it is located at the foot of a cliff. In addition, usually, the excursion includes hiking and swimming in crystal clear water.
Higüey Safari Tour. The Dominican Republicfrom $95 Read more
Higüey City Tour. The Dominican Republicfrom $150 Read more
Redonda Mountain & Macao Beach 2 in 1 Excursion in Punta Canafrom $79 Read more
Santo Domingo City Tourfrom $69 Read more
Countryside Horseback Ridingfrom $89 Read more
2. Sports activities
- Snorkeling. As you already know, there is calm water in Punta Cana, which makes it perfect for snorkeling. We are not going to lie, we cannot imagine traveling to the Caribbean without seeing the underwater world. Moreover, many excursions include snorkeling, among them a trip to Catalina Island, a boat snorkeling trip, or Saona Island, which we have mentioned before.
- Golf. We should mention that Punta Cana is one of the best spots for playing golf in the Caribbean. There are many golf clubs with incredible views, and many hotels have a golfing area, so do not forget to bring your tracksuit! Moreover, you have the opportunity to watch the game directly from your balcony. Dreamy Villa Waterfall is located in the Cocotal Golf and Country Club, which is a gated community in Bavaro, and its view opens directly onto the golf course.
- Scuba Diving. What can be better than snorkeling? No doubt, it is scuba diving because it allows you to see all the depths of the ocean and see many of its unique inhabitants. It is a great opportunity to find a variety of dive environments, from caves to shallow reefs.
Swim with Dolphins in Punta Cana, Bavaro! Underwater Adventurefrom $149 Read more
Extreme Slingshots Ride in Punta Canafrom $239 Read more
3-Hour Snorkeling Tour on Fortuna 42 Boat – Bavaro, Punta Canafrom $449 Read more
POWER DIVE – Power Adventures Punta Canafrom $120 Read more
Extreme Offroad Buggy Adventure in Punta Canafrom $65 Read more
Things to do in Punta Cana for couples
Well, we think, looking at the pictures of Punta Cana, you are already convinced that this is one of the most romantic places for couples. In addition, the Dominican Republic is one of the most favorite destinations among couples for their honeymoon. And, as it seems to us, no explanation is needed here. After all, fabulous beaches and tropical nature send you straight to paradise. So, where to start? No doubt, it would be perfect if you start your unforgettable journey with a VIP limousine, which will be waiting for you at the airport and will take you directly to your apartment.
While enjoying your stay with your significant other, you should have a little fun. There is an opportunity to have a real romance with dolphins! The excursion includes swimming with dolphins for 45 minutes and a romantic lunch. Alternatively, enjoy a private yacht trip to the incredible Catalina Island. Ocean, tropical vibes, fabulous island, you and your significant other – it is hard to think of something more romantic.
Moreover, you will also get fishing and snorkeling experience, which is the best opportunity to see the underwater world. In addition, we recommend that you go shopping or have a romantic dinner at the restaurant overlooking the ocean. The sound of the waves, the sunset and a couple of lovers, does not that sound like a scene from a movie?
Catamaran Tour in Punta Cana (Bavaro) – Sailing & Snorkelling Experience 2022from $69 Read more
Saona Island Excursion – Caribbean Paradisefrom $75 Read more
Fantastic Yacht Trip to Catalina Islandfrom $1795 Read more
Scape Park in Punta Cana – Full Admission + Sunshine Cruisefrom $179 Read more
4-Hour Fishing Experience on Fortuna 42 Boat – Bavaro, Punta Canafrom $690 Read more
Things to do in Punta Cana at night
What kind of vacation can we talk about if you cannot allow yourself to relax to the fullest? If you are an avid party-goer, then Punta Cana is the perfect place to have some fun. One of the best nightclubs is ORO Nightclub, be sure to have a vibrant night there. Moreover, often famous DJs are invited to the clubs, and the best shows are also held there. You can read more about the best nightclubs in our article.
Also, casinos are popular among tourists, that is why you can gamble if you are over 18 years old. It should be noted that many hotels already have casinos on site. So, usually, you do not need to leave the hotel. One of the most popular casinos in the area is Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe, which is located on the territory of a five-star hotel. You can play such games as poker, roulette, blackjack, bones, and much more. In addition, we strongly recommend that you check if specific clubs and casinos are operating. Since it is a pandemic, not all of them are open.
Coco Bongo Show & Disco Punta Cana – Night Club Party 2022 No Dress Code!from $85 Read more
Imagine Night Club in Punta Cana: Open Barfrom $129 Read more
«Imagine» Night Club in Punta Cana: Premium Accessfrom $159 Read more
Entrance to Imagine Night Club in Punta Canafrom $59 Read more
Coco Bongo GOLDfrom $155 Read more
Free things to do in Punta Cana
As you already know, the Dominican Republic is most interesting precisely for its climate and beaches, so for some people, there is even no need to leave the hotel and the ocean. Regardless, there is plenty to explore in Punta Cana for free. Tropical forests, mountains, beaches, architecture, historical sites, entertainment – all this awaits you and does not cost anything at all. Let us see what exactly!
- First of all, we strongly recommend that you go to the downtown of Bavaro. This is a great opportunity to plunge into the atmosphere of the town and see how the locals live. Moreover, there are numerous restaurants and cafés where you can taste the best seafood for a small price. In addition, you will have the opportunity to look at some souvenirs and artsy local things.
- Secondly, we recommend that you visit Higuey, which is a town near Punta Cana. The best attraction there is The Basílica Catedral Nuestra Señora de la Altagracia (Our Lady of High Grace), which is a Roman Catholic Church. It was built in a modern style in 1970, and the lighting is especially mesmerizing there. The cathedral was raised by Pope Paul VI in 1970, and it was also visited by Pope John Paul II in 1992. The amazing thing here is that this church has an unusual shape, and at the same time, it fits so well into the culture of the Dominican Republic, while staying inside, you can feel all the greatness of this building.
- Thirdly, if you are a nature lover and want to learn more about the culture of the Dominican Republic, you should see local agriculture. It is also a perfect idea for a family trip, that your kids will enjoy. You can see there a lot of animals such as goats, horses, chickens, iguanas. No doubt the friendly locals will tell you more about their culture and traditions. There are also many markets, where local farmers sell their fresh fruits and veggies. Moreover, you can find there the best honey, oil, and organic juices.
What not to do in Punta Cana?
Even though the Dominican Republic is one of the safest countries in the Caribbean and Punta Cana is the safest place in the country, you always need to be careful. Because, unfortunately, bad people are everywhere. That is why we have prepared the main things that we do not recommend you to do there.
- Do not swim in the ocean at night. It is necessary to remember that it has more risks than swimming during daylight time. And the reason for it is that you cannot clearly see what is in the ocean, many ocean predators appear at night. The water animals tend to move closer to shore at this time. So, we should note that their behavior is not always the nicest.
- Do not use motor-taxi (moto concho). It is a pretty dangerous type of transport. Moreover, it will be expensive for you because you are a tourist. When a driver realizes that you are a foreigner, you can see how the price becomes higher just because of it. Moreover, we do not recommend you drive as well. Dominicans have their unique road rules or they may not follow them at all. So, it is better to use a regular taxi or book a transfer.
- Do not drink tap water. We do not recommend you drink tap water since it is bad for your health. It is better to drink bottled water, you can buy it for an affordable price in the supermarket, or if you are in a hotel, then you will be provided with it.
- Do not buy excursions from not licensed providers. It is very important to find a trusted company with a license. The reason is that you do get what you paid for and this company will be responsible for you during the tour and will not disappear without a trace.
- Do not leave your belongings unattended. Despite the fact that Punta Cana is a safe town and most of the beaches are guarded, you always need to be on the lookout.
- Do not book a house outside gated communities. It is not a problem to find a villa or an apartment for an affordable price in a gated community with security. So, do not risk it because safety is the main thing during traveling. This is one more reason why you should find a good company that can recommend you the best options for your stay in Punta Cana.
To sum up
As you can see, there are many things to do in Punta Cana, which is why tourists love to return here every year. Moreover, as it was shown, it is extremely important to find a trusted company, which would help you to spend your unforgettable vacation here. In addition, during a pandemic, you must adhere to all safety standards and process the room in which you are. Our team will provide you with the best conditions in our villas and apartments, according to all the prevention requirements to prevent COVID-19.
Condo for Rent in Punta Cana – Stunning Ocean View – Oreugafrom $497 night Read more
Punta Cana Condo for Rent – Private Retreat on Los Corales Beachfrom $223 night Read more
Apartments for Rent in Punta Cana – Ocean View Paradisefrom $215 night Read more
Event Venue for Rent in Bavaro Beach, Punta Canafrom $2000 night Read more
Quiet and Cozy Family Apartments for Rent – Directly on the Bavaro Beach, Punta Canafrom $159 night Read more
Luxury Villa Waterfall – Golf Class, Meal Plans & Chef, Private Pool, BBQfrom $1491 night Read more
Private Villa at Punta Cana Resort & Club for Rent – Pool, Jacuzzi, BBQ, Maid, Private Cinema Roomfrom $674 night Read more
Villa in Bavaro, Punta Cana – Amazing 6 Bedroom Villa a Few Steps from the Beachfrom $359 night Read more
Cap Cana Villa for Rent – Modern, Fresh, and Fully-equipped Oceanfront Villafrom $2276 night Read more
Villa for rent in Bavaro (Cocotal) – with jacuzzi, pool, lake and golf coursefrom $2674 night Read more
We are a company that has more than seven years of experience in the Dominican market, during this time we have learned how to work with our guests and how to provide them with the best. Moreover, on the booking platforms, we have a superhost status, which shows the high rating of our work. That is why, if you want to spend an unforgettable trip in the Dominican Republic, we look forward to your message and welcome you to Punta Cana!
Updated on: . Author: