Saona Island and Altos de Chavon Excursion. The Dominican Republic
Close your eyes and imagine yourself resting on the snow-white beach, with the cristal turquoise sea water touching your toes and the coconut palm tree casting a shade on your face… Open your eyes: It is all true! Welcome to Saona island – authentic Caribbean paradise and the largest island of the Dominican Republic!
During this excursion, you will not only appreciate its beauty but also explore the remarkable Altos de Chavon village in the Dominican Republic. You will walk through its historical streets, feeling the atmosphere of a 16th-century Mediterranean village perched above the Chavon River and frequently used as a film set.
This unique excursion combines relaxing and historical local experiences, as well as allows you to try typical Dominican lunch and enjoy drinks from an open bar. Round-trip transportation from Punta Cana hotels or meeting points is included. Don’t miss this opportunity! Go Altos de Chavon and Saona Island and spend an unforgettable day in the Dominican Republic!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Visit to Altos de Chavon is available only on certain days. Please, contact us in advance to confirm on which days it is organized!
Due to COVID restrictions imposed by the government, visiting Altos de Chavon is limited and must be confirmed in advance. Make sure you contact us before booking your day.
Saona & Altos de Chavon Excursion Program
Departure from the pickup point
We provide pick-up/drop-off from any hotel of Bavaro/Punta Cana touristic zone.
Altos de Chavon Village
You first stop will be at the famous Altos de Chavon village - a captivating, man-made architectural wonder. The town is a 16th century replica of a Mediterranean village perched high above the Chavon River. The village was designed by Dominican architect Jose Antonio Caro and created by Italian master designer and cinematographer Roberto Coppa. Dominican artisans handcrafted the stone pathways, decorative ironwork, furniture and enchanting buildings, reviving almost forgotten crafts of metal work and stone carving. Under Coppa's direction, each stone was hand cut, each wooden door frame was handcrafted and each wrought-iron detail was hand-forged. Construction of the village began in 1976 and the inauguration celebrated in 1982 with the concert of Frank Sinatra at the amphitheater. You will spend about 40 minutes here with your multilingual guide. Please, let us know in advance what language you speak! N.B. DUE TO COVID RESTRICTIONS, VISITING ALTOS DE CHAVON IS LIMITED TO PARTICULAR DAYS. CONTACT US FOR MORE DETAILS.
Feel the breeze and enjoy marvellous views of the Caribbean sea on board the catamaran that will take you to the Saona island.
Swim and snorkel in the crystal turquoise waters, chill on the white beach, drink coconut water, buy local souvenirs and feel yourself like a star on the Saona Island! Here you will find one of the most beautiful beaches in the Caribbean, that has been chosen on many occasions by filmmakers and advertisers looking for a stereotypical desert island setting for their film or advertisement.
Saona & Altos de Chavon Excursion Details
- Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Approximate pickup time from your hotel or pic-up point: 7.00 AM (depends on your location)
- Duration: 10-11 hours
- Maximum number of participants: it is a group excursion with the max number of participants about 30-40 people
- What to bring: swimming suit, sun protection cream, sunglasses, photo camera, hat, cash for souvenirs and tips
- Comfortable transportation, alcoholic and non-alcoholic national drinks are included
- Unique swimming and sightseeing experience. Local experience
- BBQ lunch is included
- Unique swimming and local sightseeing experience
- Opportunity to explore the recreated 16th-century Mediterranean village, Altos de Chavon
- Opportunity to visit one of the most famous Caribbean islands
- Free Traditional Dominican Lunch and national drinks
- It may be very hot and sunny aboard the boat and on the island, so take a hat and sun protection cream with you.
- If you suffer from seasickness, make sure to take necessary medication.
- Visiting Altos de Chavon is limited to certain days due to COVID restrictions. Please, contact us for more details.
Book your excursion to Saona Island and Altos de Chavon now!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
Zip Line at Bávaro Adventure Parkfrom $89 Read more
Dino World at Bávaro Adventure Parkfrom $59 Read more
Adventure Plus at Bávaro Adventure Park, Punta Canafrom $139 Read more
Adventure Activities at Bávaro Adventure Park, Punta Canafrom $109 Read more
Super Adventure VIP at Bávaro Adventure Park, Punta Canafrom $179 Read more
Polaris VIP Ride at Bávaro Adventure Park, Punta Canafrom $119 Read more
Buggy Tour at Bávaro Adventure Park, Punta Canafrom $89 Read more
Buggy Tour & Zip Line at Bávaro Adventure Park, Punta Canafrom $119 Read more