Where to stay in Punta Cana during
COVID-19 in 2024?
We do not doubt that one of the most common desires for everyone is likely to turn off the reality of a pandemic for a moment. And this is natural, because at this time we experience the most stress, in addition to our usual state, when we are experiencing enough difficulties even without COVID-19. That is why it is necessary to recharge your mind and body when you feel drained.
You should know that feeling worn-out is not good for your health. It can also leave you less productive and less happy. The best way to recharge your battery is to go on a vacation. In our opinion, the best destination you can go to during a pandemic is Punta Cana – the most popular place in the Caribbean.
Best areas to stay in Punta Cana
Well, Punta Cana is considered one of the safest areas in the whole Dominican Republic. Nevertheless, there are also some districts which are the best to stay. So, we have prepared the information about it down below.
- Bavaro. If you have been to Punta Cana before, then you know for sure that Bavaro is the most popular area with a large number of hotels and villas. It is located in the easternmost La Altagracia province. Bavaro is best known for its stunning beaches with clean and white sand and turquoise waters. Although it is the most famous area, many hotels have private beach areas.
- Cap Cana. This area is located just around 20 minutes from Punta Cana International Airport and beside Punta Cana Resort and Club. Moreover, there are the best world-class resorts, luxury villas, golf courses, shopping complexes, and restaurants.
- Macao. Well, it is the best area for you if you love water sports. Usually, Punta Cana has calm water without rough waves. So it is difficult to do anything besides snorkeling, diving, scuba-diving, kayaking, and others that do not require wind and waves. But Macao Beach is the only one where you can do surfing in Punta Cana. In addition, this is one of the few distances where the coastline is not completely packed with different 5-star hotels. So, there is a lot of free space to sunbathe under the Caribbean sun in seclusion. Probably that is why it is one of the most favorite beaches for locals.
- Arena Gorda. It is situated south of Playa El Macao and north of Playa Bavaro. For sure, when you bring your kids to the beach, you always need to pay attention to what they are doing. But we should say that the beach in the area has Blue Flag, so the water is calm and crystal clear. There are many luxury hotels, so the crowd factor is from medium to high. Moreover, if you stay in one of the Arena Gorda resorts, you will have access to the bathrooms on the beach since there are no public ones.
Additionally, if you want to get more information, you can check out our article about the best areas in Punta Cana.
The best places to stay in Punta Cana for adults only
First of all, the best option for adults only is to book a villa. Why do we think so? It is easy to explain, since you get complete freedom and privacy while staying in it. Undoubtedly, going with friends on vacation to take a break from hard everyday life and children, you want to have a lot of fun. The good thing about renting a villa is that no one will watch you around the clock and control what you do, how much you eat, and turn on the music.
Another option is adults-only hotels. There you will not have to hear the crying of children, instead, there are endless parties with a lot of people who come here for the vibrant nightlife by the ocean. Moreover, most hotels have an all-inclusive system that serves alcohol in unlimited quantities.
Luxury All Inclusive Villa Waterfall in Cocotal (Bavaro) – Pool, BBQ, Maid, Chef & Meal Planfrom $1347 / night Read more
Villa May – New Modern Beachfront 7BR Villa with Pool & Maid in Bavaro, Los Coralesfrom $1457 / night Read more
Private Villa at Punta Cana Resort & Club for Rent – Pool, Jacuzzi, BBQ, Maid, Private Cinema Roomfrom $1569 / night Read more
Modern and New Family Villa for Rent in Bavaro, Punta Cana – Quiet Gated Communityfrom $199 / night Read more
Villa in Bavaro, Punta Cana – Amazing 6 Bedroom Villa a Few Steps from the Beachfrom $349 / night Read more
Modern & Stylish 4-BR Family-friendly Villa Rental in a Quiet and Gated Community in Bávaro, Punta Canafrom $249 / night Read more
Where to stay in Punta Cana all-inclusive?
Needless to say that Punta Cana is renowned for its luxurious all-inclusive resorts. Moreover, there are over 65 resorts in Punta Cana, so you have many options to choose from. Below we have prepared a small list of some of the best hotels of this type.
For sure, there is also a villa all-inclusive option. What does it mean? It means that renting a villa allows you to get the same all-inclusive and 5-star services as in the hotel, but the difference is that all services will be focused just on you. There are the best transfer, maid, chef services. Moreover, if you want to read more about it, check out our article about all-inclusive villas and hotels.
Best all-inclusive resorts in Punta Cana 2021
- Sanctuary Cap Cana. This stunning resort is adults-only. And the best thing there is that there are rooms with direct access to the pool. The hotel is located in Cap Cana, and it is a private gated community retreat inside Punta Cana. Moreover, there is also Punta Espada Golf Club, which is one of the best in the whole Caribbean.
- Secrets Cap Cana Resort & Spa. Here we have one more adults-only hotel in Cap Cana. Secrets Cap Cana has Caribbean décor and a balcony or terrace with stunning views. No doubt, you will be amazed when you wake up and gaze out at the clear Caribbean Sea and the white sand of the exclusive Juanillo Beach from your window. Moreover, there are more options such as bungalow suites, swim-out suites, and the highest level of luxury – the Preferred Club. Additionally, it is necessary to mention that Secrets Cap Cana Resort & Spa are all smoke-free suites.
- Dreams Macao Beach, Punta Cana. Well, this hotel has high rates on booking platforms. This is a great option for your family vacation. It is located 40 minutes from Punta Cana International Airport. There is a stunning Macao Beach. The resort provides you with unlimited luxury, where everything is included with your stay – from best-in-class service and top-shelf drinks to endless activities.
Best all-inclusive villas and apartments
So, earlier we have already confirmed the fact that by renting a villa or apartment you can get an all-inclusive system. But what is the difference if we compare it with the hotel’s system? The difference is that staying in a villa, you will observe that all services and staff are focused just on you and not other people as in a resort. So, let us take a look at some stunning villas and apartments.
- Villa Waterfall. This luxury villa on two floors will allow you to feel like in a fairy tale. Due to its design, which is made in light, natural colors, the presence of a pool, and even a waterfall, you will get the maximum dose of relaxation. It is located at the main entrance of Cocotal Golf & Country Club, so you will see the well-groomed golf course from your terrace or from your hammock, which will allow you to connect with nature. There are 5 bedrooms, 7 baths, a private pool, terrace, BBQ, and capacity is up to 10 people.
- Oceanview condo. Just imagine what it would be like to wake up from the rays of the sun hitting the window, turn your head and see a jaw-dropping ocean view. What is more, you can step out onto your terrace and enjoy the sound of the ocean with your morning coffee. The condo is right on Los Corales beach, which is the heart of Bavaro. There are 4 bedrooms, 4 baths, terrace, and capacity up to 10 guests.
- Budget apartment. So, if you thought that getting a window view of the ocean was only for a lot of money, you were very wrong. We offer the best options for affordable prices. This cozy apartment is located in the most famous area of Punta Cana – Bavaro. Moreover, you will have access to the rooftop pool with panoramic ocean views. There is 1 bedroom, 1 bath, and a capacity is up to 2 guests.
Additionally, we have to say that almost all villas have a maid, and the services of transfer, or a personal chef, with whom you can plan your meal are optional. Moreover, if you want to get more information about chef services, check out our meal plans options.
Condo for Rent in Punta Cana – Stunning Ocean View – Oreugafrom $413 / night Read more
Punta Cana Condo for Rent – Private Retreat on Los Corales Beachfrom $314 / night Read more
Dream Apartments for Rent in Punta Cana – Oreuga Ocean View Paradisefrom $331 / night Read more
Event Venue for Rent in Bavaro Beach, Punta Canafrom $2000 / night Read more
Quiet and Cozy Family Apartments for Rent – Directly on the Bavaro Beach, Punta Canafrom $166 / night Read more
Modern 2BR Apartment in a New Secure Residence – Paseo del Mar, near Bávaro Beach, Punta Canafrom $199 / night Read more
Things to do in Punta Cana during pandemic
Needless to say, Punta Cana is the center of all entertainment. There are 24-hour parties with vibrant nightlife, as well as family excursions, so you will have plenty to choose from, and you will never be bored. That is why we have prepared for you a small list of some of the most popular activities among tourists.
- Saona Island. We do not doubt that this place will amaze you with its beauty. Well, Saona is a state-protected nature reserve that is located off the southeast coast in the province of La Altagracia. There is a beach with white sand, surrounded by high coconut palm trees. Being here, you will feel like in paradise. Being there, you will feel like the main heroine of the Bounty advertisement, because the advertisement for this company was filmed on this island.
- Buggy Adventure. This is a great alternative to distract yourself from lying on the beach under the burning sun. Be sure that a 3-hour buggy trip will make your day. In our opinion, it is the best option to explore the most picturesque Macao Beach, dive into a Lagoon, and spend some time on a local ranch.
- Santo Domingo. This city tour will show you how local people live here. It is a busy city where life is on the move. Santo Domingo is rich in its fascinating history and architecture. Be sure to visit it to enrich yourself culturally.
- Samana Island. Well, there is so much to explore on this beautiful island. Samana is a natural treasure with bays, coves, and breathtaking waterfalls. Moreover, there is an opportunity to visit Cayo Levantado, which is called Bacardi island, and El Limon Waterfall in one excursion. Without a doubt, this trip allows you to feel the taste of freedom and complete harmony with nature and with such a beautiful world around you.
The Best Samaná Whale Watching Tour 2024 – Humpback Whales, Cayo Levantado, El Limon Waterfallfrom $149 Read more
Catamaran Tour in Punta Cana (Bavaro) – Party, Sailing & Snorkelling Experience 2024from $69 Read more
Saona Island Excursion – Caribbean Paradisefrom $75 Read more
La Hacienda Park – 7-in-1 Adventures Tour in Bávaro, Punta Canafrom $99 Read more
Private Full-Day Isla Saona Tour – Blue Lagoon, Reef Snorkeling, Mangrove Forestsfrom $710 Read more
Private Whale Watching Tour from Punta Cana – Samaná Humpback Whales Sanctuary, Bacardi Island, El Limon Waterfallfrom $2400 Read more
What are the best beaches in Punta Cana?
Surely if you ask tourists why they come to the Dominican Republic, the most common answer is that they come here for stunning beaches. And we fully understand them, because being here, it is impossible not to fall in love with white sand, coconut trees, and turquoise water. So, let us take a look at some popular beaches in Punta Cana.
- Macao Beach (Playa Macao). Well, you already know that this beach is the best for doing water sport in Punta Cana. It is the perfect beach to experience the tropical and Caribbean atmosphere.
- Bavaro Beach (Playa Bavaro). This one is the most popular in Punta Cana. Most of the pictures with beautiful views were taken here. There are many hotels in this area and many water excursions leave from this dreamy beach.
- Playa Blanca. It is a charming white-sandy beach. Moreover, the word “blanca” translates as “white” from Spanish. Also, we should mention, that it is part of Puntacana Resort & Club. Nevertheless, the entrance is free for those who go to the Playa Blanca Restaurant or have kite surfing lessons at El Kite Club.
- Playa Juanillo. It is one of the few beaches that has public access. There are many coconut palm trees, and the sand is white and clean. Juanillo Beach is wide and had lots of shaded spots and lounging areas.
Thus, as you can see, tourism in Punta Cana is resumed and we are ready to receive more foreign guests. Despite the pandemic, there are many options to choose where you can stay, it all depends on your personal preferences. So, if you would like to spend an unforgettable vacation while having complete freedom and personal space – contact us. Our team will help you have only good memories of the beautiful Dominican Republic, which will make you come back here again and again!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best place to live in the Dominican Republic?
Well, we would say that it depends on your preferences. For example, Santo Domingo is the capital of the Dominican Republic, it is always busy and life is always buzzing there. But if you want a calm, more relaxing atmosphere with beautiful beaches and well-developed infrastructure, then Punta Cana probably is the perfect option for you.
2. Is Punta Cana beautiful?
We have not met a person who was not captivated by the beauty of Punta Cana. In our opinion, this is really a small paradise on earth – the ocean, palm trees, warmth all year round, tropical forests, mountains, what could be better?
3. What is the nicest beach in Punta Cana?
Without a doubt, there are many stunning beaches in Punta Cana, but Playa Bavaro is the most popular one. This is a dreamy, white-sandy beach with turquoise water, surrounded by palm trees.
4. Is Punta Cana too touristy?
We cannot deny that Punta Cana is the most popular and visited place in the whole Caribbean. Moreover, Punta Cana welcomes over 4 million foreign tourists every year. Nevertheless, it is not too touristy. Here we must take into account that many hotels have private beaches, where there is no one except the guests of the resort.
Additionally, if you go on excursions with verified companies that have a license, then your transfer will not be overcrowded with strangers. And finally, it all depends on your preferences. There is always a great option to choose a villa or apartment to feel more comfortable and enjoy your personal space and freedom.
5. Should I stay in Bavaro or Punta Cana?
Well, Bavaro is actually a part of Punta Cana, and it is the most popular area to stay. There are fabulous beaches, many restaurants, luxury villas, apartments, and all-inclusive hotels, all these make it a great place to stay.
6. Is Punta Cana safer than Cancun?
Both destinations are considered safe. Nevertheless, we recommend that you avoid walking in unlit areas at night and leave your belongings without any attention.
7. Is Punta Cana expensive?
For sure, Punta Cana is one of the most expensive areas in the Dominican Republic, since it is the newest resort town in the country. It is known for the best services, which allow you to spend your most luxurious vacation in this paradise. On the other hand, Punta Cana is also the place where you can find some budget options with good conditions. This is because the number of villas, apartments, and hotels allows you to find a property for every budget.
8. Is Punta Cana safe to walk around?
Yes, Punta Cana is one of the safest places in the whole Dominican Republic to walk around. And the country is considered one of the safest countries in the Caribbean. Most areas and beaches are safe and secure. But we always recommend that you avoid solo walks in unknown, dark places at night.
9. What is the cheapest month to travel to Punta Cana?
Well, the winter months are considered high season. So, the cheapest month to go to Punta Cana are probably August and September.
10. Do you need a passport for Punta Cana?
Yes, you cannot enter the Dominican Republic without a passport. But you do not need a special passport, or visa to enter Punta Cana if you are already in the Dominican Republic. Nevertheless, we should mention that you may need a tourist card or a visa for your travel to the country.
11. Is Punta Cana on the Atlantic or Caribbean?
So, Punta Cana is situated on the Atlantic side of the Caribbean.
12. What should you not eat in Punta Cana?
Well, we do not recommend that you eat unwashed fruits, dubious food that is sold simply on the street or in small stalls, and you should also not drink tap water.
13. How do I choose an all-inclusive resort in the Dominican Republic?
When choosing an all-inclusive system, first you need to know is that the best services are in Punta Cana, which is the most modern resort town. Further, you can choose by area, beach, vibe, availability of restaurants, swimming pools, golf clubs, casinos. It also depends on your preference, whether you want a family hotel or an adult’s only hotel.
Updated on: . Author: