Cap Cana vs Punta Cana: What Is The Difference?
When choosing the Caribbean islands for your vacation, you will probably most often come across options for travel to the Dominican Republic. And this is not surprising at all, because this is the most popular destination. Moreover, in search of information on where to stay, two directions come across most often, so the question naturally arises Cap Cana vs Punta Cana.
Many people get confused because they do not understand if these destinations are cities, resort towns, separate islands, or neighborhoods. So, in this article, we will tell you about the main points and differences between these both areas.
The difference between both destinations
We agree that this topic can indeed be a little confusing. The thing is that the coast is divided up into nine parts: Bavaro, Cabeza de Toro, Uvero Alto, Macao, Arena Gorda, Cortecito, Cabo Engano, Punta Cana, and Cap Cana. And besides, Cap Cana is defined as part of Punta Cana, for better understanding, as they are very close, about 14 minutes by car.
1. Punta Cana
Punta Cana is a resort town in the Dominican Republic, this is also the most visited destination in the country. About 4 million foreign tourists come here every year. All tourists come to this easternmost region to enjoy the most stunning beaches and turquoise waters ever. Without a doubt, it is a perfect place to feel the tropical ocean vibe because it is a place where the Atlantic Ocean meets the Caribbean Sea. In addition, there are many neighborhoods in Punta Cana, and today you will learn about one of them.
2. Cap Cana
Well, as you could get it, Cap Cana is a neighborhood in Punta Cana, which has an area of about 121 km2. It is located just 20 minutes from Punta Cana International Airport and beside Punta Cana Resort and Club. This enclave shows the beauty of the incredible color of water there. Cap Cana is best known for its upscale and world-class resorts, villas, golf courses, shopping complexes, and restaurants. In addition, Cap Cana is one of the safest areas in the Dominican Republic, just like Punta Cana in general.
Cap Cana vs Punta Cana Resort and Club
Well, as we already talked about the one area of Punta Cana – Cap Cana, let us talk about another one – Punta Cana Resort and Club. In addition, we will look at the pros and cons of both.
1. Puntacana Resort & Club
- Well, Puntacana Resort & Club is a resort and residential community located in La Altagracia Province. The area is about 60 km2, including Punta Cana International Airport, hotels, restaurants, residential neighborhoods, two golf courses, and a full-service marina. This paradisial place was established by a hotelier Frank Rainieri and the lawyer Theodore Kheel. Compared to Cap Cana, we can say that there are more options of villas and hotels, but at the same time, more densely populated area.
- Without a doubt, golf is one of the most popular recreational sports ever, and that is for a reason. Well, it is a low-impact activity that offers many health benefits for people of any age. One of the most popular golf clubs in Punta Cana is Cocotal Golf and Country Club. There are also many villas in the territory, for example, our stunning villa Waterfall is located in the best golf area, where you can have a golf class. In addition, Puntacana Resort & Club has gorgeous beaches, one of them is Playa Blanca. An interesting fact is that the word “blanca” translates as “white” from Spanish. Moreover, it is the closest beach, just 2 miles (3 kilometers) away from the airport. At this point, it explains the white sand on the beach. This is part of Puntacana Resort & Club. Anyway, the entrance is free for those who go to the Playa Blanca Restaurant or have kite surfing lessons at El Kite Club.
2. Attractions of Cap Cana
- There is a lot to do in Cap Cana. There is Scape Park, which offers you thrilling adventures, swimming in underground caves, jumping from water zip lines, and much more. One of the most popular beaches in the Dominican Republic is Playa Juanillo, and it is in Cap Cana. This is one of the few beaches that has public access, and it amazes with its beauty. There are many coconut palm trees, and the sand is white and clean. In addition, there is a big amount of luxuries villas in Cap Cana. You can get the best 5-star services and access to some of the best facilities in stunning villas.
- Cap Cana is also famous for its golf courses. Especially, Punta Espada Golf Course, which is it the top of the best golf clubs. The course has a complex and unique shape, surrounded by turquoise water. In addition, Punta Espada has also hosted several Cap Cana championships, the PGA Champions. Also, Cap Cana is less populated, so there are more undeveloped areas, but more space.
Catamaran Tour in Punta Cana (Bavaro) – Sailing & Snorkelling Experience 2023from $69 Read more
Extreme Offroad Buggy Adventure in Punta Canafrom $65 Read more
Saona Island Excursion – Caribbean Paradisefrom $75 Read more
La Hacienda Park – 7-in-1 Adventures Tour in Bávaro, Punta Canafrom $99 Read more
Swimming with Dolphins in Punta Cana – Top Adventure 2023 (50 minutes)from $149 Read more
Cap Cana vs Bavaro Beach
- We should mention that Bavaro Beach is considered one of the most beautiful beaches in the whole of the Caribbean, stretching from Cabeza de Toro until Macao beach. There is no official definition, and the borders to its neighboring beaches are seamless. So, many people often consider it a separate district of the town. And we can understand this because there is a huge number of the best hotels, villas, apartments, and restaurants overlooking the beautiful ocean. Although this is the most popular beach, you can find a quiet place for yourself, as the beach is extremely long and wide.
- Well, Cap Cana is one of the newest offerings in the Dominican Republic resort areas. That is why there are many modern properties and equipped beaches. And Playa Juanillo in Cap Cana is a popular beach, which is also open to the public. Nevertheless, when you arrive at the security gate of Cap Cana, workers may ask you for your ID. As you can see, the area is gated and safe enough to spend your time here. Without a doubt, you can also do beach activities such as kayaking, snorkeling, and kiteboarding. The water is usually calm here, so it is perfect for swimming with your kids, and not worry about anything. If you would like to do kite surfing, wind surfing or nice waves, it is better to go to Macao Beach, which is about 26 minutes away from Bavaro.
To sum up
As you can see, Cap Cana is an amazing destination for your trip, just like any other part of this coast. Punta Cana offers a wide range of accommodation and amenities for your comfortable stay in the country. In addition, it is also a small town, so you can easily reach any beach or city attraction you want. This is why, every year, Punta Cana remains the most visited resort town in the Caribbean by foreign tourists.
People come here for an unforgettable vacation, and our team will help you make your experience in the Dominican Republic a memorable one. Our company only has accommodation options in safe and secure areas, from fun with a vibrant nightlife to calm and secluded. If you want a villa in Bavaro overlooking the stunning ocean, or on the golf course – contact us, and we will do our best. At this point, we have the best options at reasonable prices!
Luxury All Inclusive Villa Waterfall in Cocotal (Bavaro) – Pool, BBQ, Maid, Chef & Meal Planfrom $1481 night Read more
Spacious golf view villa in prestigious Puntacana Resort & Club – With large pool and jacuzzifrom $1060 night Read more
Villa in Bavaro, Punta Cana – Amazing 6 Bedroom Villa a Few Steps from the Beachfrom $815 night Read more
Cap Cana Villa for Rent – Modern, Fresh, and Fully-equipped Oceanfront Villafrom $2550 night Read more
Villa for rent in Bavaro (Cocotal) – with jacuzzi, pool, lake and golf coursefrom $2674 night Read more
Updated on: . Author: