Punta Cana Vacation – Things to Know Before Visiting Punta Cana in 2024
The Dominican Republic vacation is a heavenly experience in many ways. Caribbean vibes, tropical climate, dreamy beaches, friendly people, calmness, and vibrant nightlife with bars and clubs – all of these you can expect from your Punta Cana vacation.
To convince you that this is indeed the best option for your trip, we have prepared some main things to know before traveling to this beautiful country.
What are the best beaches to visit?
Without a doubt, we cannot even imagine a journey to the Dominican Republic without its paradisaical white-sand beaches and tall coconut palm trees. Another good thing why people love those beaches is because they are clean and unpolluted.
- Firstly, we recommend you visit Bávaro beach that is the most popular one in Punta Cana. Also, we should mention that it is the longest beach in this area and access is for free. Blueish-turquoise ocean, beach clubs and also Bávaro is perfect for the best sunsets of your life. Furthermore, in this location is a lot of properties that you can find here.
- Secondly, we want to introduce you to Playa Juanillo. It is located in the gated community of Cap Cana and just a 15-minute drive from the Punta Cana International Airport (PUJ). This beach has the unique atmosphere you enjoy. Also, you can try delicious seafood in local restaurants and cafés there. If we talk about water, then there is quite shallow. So be calm when you are sunbathing or sipping a cocktail and your kids go swimming there.
- Thirdly, if you immediately leave the plane and want to swim, we recommend going to Playa Blanca. It has the closest location to the airport. The name of this place speaks for itself because it means “white beach”. You can read our article to find out more about beaches for your Punta Cana vacation.
Is it safe to swim in the ocean in Punta Cana?
It is safe, but it is necessary to take into account all the recommendations. Also, a lot of people are curious about sharks. Our answer is – no, there are no sharks in Punta Cana. The reason for this is that the coast is surrounded by a coral reef. So it means that this is a natural barrier for sharks. It is almost impossible to see them there, but anyway you should always be careful.
Usually, beaches have calm waters and Blue Flag status, so it is perfect for your Punta Cana vacation. In some places, you can find algae, but the workers always take care to remove them.
You can swim all year round as the water temperature does not drop below 20 °C. The highest temperature is in summer and autumn, it reaches 30 °C.
What sports are popular in the Dominican Republic?
- Undoubtedly, Punta Cana is known as the best spot for golf with its range of courses. We have to mention we also have a great selection of golf villas to choose. For example, the magnificent Villa Waterfall, renting it, you can get a golf class. Also, from your terrace, you can see the field and lake. It is located in Cocotal Golf & Country Club that is a gated community located in Bávaro, and includes a 27-hole golf course.
- Of course, the most popular are water sports, just like kitesurfing and windsurfing. Playa Cabarete is the best beach to do those kinds of sports. Because it is a world-class surf spot. With great water temperatures and consistent winds, this area became water sports paradise for surfers.
- Also, an interesting fact that baseball and cockfighting are very popular among the locals, and they have their own unique and ancient traditions. More your can read in this article about sports in the DR.
Best sightseeing tours to take
Needless to say that there is a lot to see in the Dominican Republic. After all, as soon as you arrive here, you are enveloped in this culture. That is why you cannot wait to see all the sights. Here we have prepared some of the most popular excursions.
It is one of the must-see excursions. Why? Because Santo Domingo is the capital and the cultural center of the Dominican Republic. Also, there is one of the oldest streets – El Conde that is very popular among tourists. And it is also in the Zona Colonial, which is the historic neighborhood of the city. Speaking of the present tense, then Santo Domingo is the most modern and dynamic metropolis in the Caribbean. So, there are a lot of shopping malls and electric nightlife.
This is the best option to see the place you visit. It allows you to delve into the beauty of the local surroundings and appreciate their peculiarity. You will also have an opportunity to see the local school and learn about their education. The value of everything is in comparison. Therefore, it will help you find out more about the country itself, and not just seeing the beautiful beaches and the ocean. Also, you can visit the iguana rancho where are exotic animals.
Altos de Chavón is a replica 16th century of a Mediterranean-style European village of the Dominican countryside. We promise that you will be speechless after seeing it. Also, the village is a cultural center for residents, tourists. In addition to this, in the heart of the Altos de Chavón is the beautiful Grecian-style amphitheater. There is also an archeological museum. This excursion allows you to delve into history and make your Punta Cana vacation even more interesting and informative.
The Best Samaná Whale Watching Tour 2024 – Humpback Whales, Cayo Levantado, El Limon Waterfallfrom $149 Read more
Catamaran Tour in Punta Cana (Bavaro) – Party, Sailing & Snorkelling Experience 2024from $69 Read more
Saona Island Excursion – Caribbean Paradisefrom $75 Read more
La Hacienda Park – 7-in-1 Adventures Tour in Bávaro, Punta Canafrom $99 Read more
Private Full-Day Isla Saona Tour – Blue Lagoon, Reef Snorkeling, Mangrove Forestsfrom $710 Read more
Private Whale Watching Tour from Punta Cana – Samaná Humpback Whales Sanctuary, Bacardi Island, El Limon Waterfallfrom $2400 Read more
Where to stay in Punta Cana?
Villas and apartments for rent, hotels – these are the most popular options among tourists. The good thing is that you can choose a location, and then consider any housing you like. There are options at the golf club, on the best beaches, or in a secluded location.
If you like privacy and complete freedom, we would strongly recommend you rent a villa. You can have the same all-inclusive as in a hotel, but even better, because it focuses just on you and your own preferences. There is a private pool, beautiful terrace, maid and private chef services.
Our company has a lot of properties for reasonable prices. And if you want to stay for a long time, we can offer you the same villa for half price because of a long-term rental. This is a great deal that will help you to make your Punta Cana vacation unforgettable.
Luxury All Inclusive Villa Waterfall in Cocotal (Bavaro) – Pool, BBQ, Maid, Chef & Meal Planfrom $1347 / night Read more
Villa May – New Modern Beachfront 7BR Villa with Pool & Maid in Bavaro, Los Coralesfrom $1457 / night Read more
Private Villa at Punta Cana Resort & Club for Rent – Pool, Jacuzzi, BBQ, Maid, Private Cinema Roomfrom $1569 / night Read more
Modern and New Family Villa for Rent in Bavaro, Punta Cana – Quiet Gated Communityfrom $199 / night Read more
Villa in Bavaro, Punta Cana – Amazing 6 Bedroom Villa a Few Steps from the Beachfrom $349 / night Read more
Modern & Stylish 4-BR Family-friendly Villa Rental in a Quiet and Gated Community in Bávaro, Punta Canafrom $249 / night Read more
All in all, we guarantee that you will enjoy your staying in the Dominican Republic. This is a paradise for people who like to enjoy incredibly beautiful nature. And to make your trip truly memorable, it takes a good experience with your stay here. That is why our team is always ready to help and answer all questions.
Frequently Asked Questions about
Vacation in Punta Cana
1. Why are there no sharks in Punta Cana?
The reason for this is that the coast is surrounded by a coral reef. This is a natural barrier for sharks. That is why there are no sharks in Punta Cana.
2. How dangerous is Punta Cana?
Punta Cana is one of the safest areas in the Dominican Republic. But, as in any country, troubles can happen. Therefore, we recommend that you be careful with your belongings. Also, we recommend you be very careful if you rent a car, because the locals have their driving habits.
3. Is the ocean warm in Punta Cana?
Yes, You can swim all year round as the water temperature does not drop below 20 °C.
4. What is the best month to go to Punta Cana?
You can go to rest in Punta Cana all year round, because of a warm weather. But the best time is probably autumn.
Updated on: . Author: