Whales in Samana – Top Excursion 2019
Samana is a legendary peninsula famous for its bay which once a year becomes home for humpback whales who come here for breeding. This wonder of nature is an absolute must for everyone who visits the Dominican Republic during the high season. Kids and adults, men and women, everyone is empressed with fantastic mating games which can be observed during Punta Cana whales watching excursion in Samana bay in February and March.
Whales in Samana Excursion Program
Departure from the pickup point
We provide pick-up/drop-off from any hotel or area of Bavaro/Punta Cana and transportation in modern buses with expert drivers, accompanied by a professional multilingual guide.
The Samana Bay is one of the largest estuaries in the Caribbean and is an important sanctuary for humpback whales. Observe the beauty of Samana bay and see humpback whales (whales can be seen only in February and March, subject to whales' mood :-))
Explore one of the most famous Caribbean islands and discover its biodiversity, enjoy the beach and the sea.
Whales in Samana Excursion Details
- Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
- Approximate pick up time from your hotel or pick-up point: 6.30-7.00 a.m.
- Duration: 10 hours.
- What to bring: closed shoes, comfortable clothing, swimming suit, photo camera, sun protection cream, good mood.
- The Traditional Dominican Lunch, soft and alcoholic drinks are included.
- Comfortable Transportation, from and to any Punta Cana/Bavaro Hotel in air-conditioned buses – two way.
- Bacardi island and El Limon waterfall (a visit to El Limon is included, but remains subject to your choice).
- Explore the diversity of famous Bacardi island and Samana bay.
- Watch humpback whales.
- Free drinks and the Traditional Dominican Lunch.
- The excursion is very long, so make sure you sleep well the night before.
- The excursion is not recommended for people with heart or back problems.
- Pregnant women or people with physical disabilities should not participate in this excursion.
Book your unique Samana whale watching experience now!
Discover Higuey Tourfrom $150 Read more
Higuey Safari Tourfrom $95 Read more
Macao Beachfrom $60 Read more
AquaPark in Punta Cana – Full Day + Transportation + Dominican Foodfrom $85 Read more
AquaPark in Punta Cana – Half Day + Transportationfrom $79 Read more
Scape Park in Punta Cana – Full Admissionfrom $149 Read more
Scape Park in Punta Cana – Full Admission + Sunshine Cruisefrom $179 Read more
Juanillo Beach VIP Excursion by Scape Parkfrom $169 Read more