Playa Blanca (Punta Cana) – All you need to know about this resort area in 2022
For many years, Punta Cana has remained one of the most popular holiday destinations in the Caribbean. Invariably, the biggest number of tourists come here every year. Despite this, people often get confused when looking at where to stay.
Why is this happening? In general, tourists cannot understand the specific areas, since Punta Cana is a common name for all other small destinations. One such popular area that can be misleading is Playa Blanca. That is why we decided to introduce you to this stunning location.
Playa Blanca, the Dominican Republic
First of all, we need to start with that the coast is divided up into nine parts: Punta Cana, Bavaro, Cap Cana, Macao, Uvero Alto, Cabeza de Toro, Arena Gorda, Cortecito, Cabo Engano. Based on this definition, in essence, Punta Cana is a small village, but everyone is already used to calling the entire resort territory by this name. At this point, it is like a brand name for the eastern coast of the country.
In the area of this village of Punta Cana, there is a Punta Cana International Airport (PUJ), and 2 miles (3 kilometers) from it, there is fabulous Playa Blanca. In addition, the word “Blanca” translates as “white” from Spanish. As you can see, it explains the soft white sand on this gorgeous beach. Moreover, every year this beach hosts Kite Fest, and kitesurfers from around the country come here for a big celebration.
Location and Playa Blanca public beach
Well, most often, when we talk about Playa Blanca, it refers to the beach and the area with a restaurant near it. Its territory belongs to the gated community of the Punta Cana Resort & Club, which is a resort and residential community. There is also about 20 minutes from Bavaro on the new highway. Do not confuse this beach with an Arena Blanca Beach.
What about the access? So, the public part of the beach is available for people dining at the Playa Blanca Restaurant. In general, guests need to show their ID and then get a day pass. And if you want to have exclusive access to Playa Blanca, you can book one of the resorts or villas in Punta Cana Resort & Club or Club Med Punta Cana.
Atmosphere & Crowd factor
Without a doubt, Playa Blanca is a perfect place to enjoy a tropical vibe while chilling on the beach. Be sure that this is one of the best spots for water sports, tasty food, partying, and total beachside relaxation. As we already mentioned, there is beautiful white sand along which palm trees grow.
In general, Playa Blanca is not crowded and allows you to relax on your own. But we should mention that this is a popular spot for fun events, parties, and live music, so there are many visitors on the weekend.
Activities & Main attractions
Of course, there are many sports activities in the area. We definitely recommend that you take kite surfing lessons. Moreover, scuba diving and snorkeling are extremely popular in this location. Also, you can play volleyball on the beach, which is a completely free activity and is the best way to make new friends in a new country.
Probably the main attraction nearby is Indigenous Eyes (Ojos Indigenas) Ecological Park, which is about 2.7 miles (4.5 kilometers) or 7 minutes away by car from Playa Blanca. This park is a 1 500 acre nature reserve that is open to the public for an entrance fee. Be sure you will be amazed by its beauty, be ready to enjoy hiking through a tropical forest. Moreover, this reserve is a habitat of beautifully unique birds and iguanas. There are twelve turquoise lagoons, and you can swim in most of them.
Accommodations near Playa Blanca
As you might have guessed, the coastline of Punta Cana is lined with many luxury hotels and villas. That is why, there will be no problem finding what you like. Accordingly, Playa Blanca is no exception. It is a popular area with some of the finest accommodations. So, let us tell you about the most popular options.
1. Hotels in Playa Blanca
- The Westin Puntacana Resort & Club. Well, this is a magnificent 15 000-acre 5-star resort in Playa Blanca. The location is perfect since it has the best access to the stunning white sand beach. Moreover, there will be access to such activities as golf, teens club, museum, tennis and much more.
- Four Points by Sheraton Puntacana Village. This hotel is 1.8 miles (2.9 kilometers) from Playa Blanca, and it is located in the heart of the commercial district, close to Punta Cana International Airport (PUJ). The location of this small hotel is convenient since it is close enough to everything. Moreover, the hotel offers a free airport shuttle for guests with reservations.
- Tortuga Bay Puntacana Resort & Club. This modern hotel is a true paradise. It is a favorite of many tourists and has one of the highest ratings judging by the reviews on different booking platforms. Tortuga Bay is the only hotel in the Dominican Republic that was AAA Five Diamond Awarded. It is best known for its luxury service. Moreover, it is located in a private enclave within the resort and has 13 luxurious beachfront villas.
2. Villas & Apartments
So, if you want to have more privacy, renting a villa or apartment is the ideal option for you. Even though Playa Blanca is quite a popular area, staying in a villa, you will not have problems with privacy and a lot of personal space. Let us tell you about the best options in this zone.
Beautiful villa near Playa Blanca & Serena Beach – Large 2 levels villa with pool, maid, golffrom $1805 night Read more
5-star villa near Playa Blanca and Serena Beach – with golf, ping-pong, pool, maidfrom $2004 night Read more
Luxury Villa Waterfall – Golf Class, Meal Plans & Chef, Private Pool, BBQfrom $1459 night Read more
Apartments for Rent in Punta Cana – Ocean View Paradisefrom $231 night Read more
- The tropical-style villa. This stunning house is the best option for connecting and harmony with the nature of the Dominican Republic. This 2-story villa offers dreamy ocean and golf views from the terrace. Moreover, there is a large swimming pool surrounded by palm trees and sun loungers. Also, it has a convenient location and is just 3.5 miles (5.6 kilometers) from Punta Cana International Airport (PUJ).
- Oceanview apartment. Undoubtedly, this is just made for those who want both privacy and live on the very shore of the ocean. This cozy apartment allows you to wake up to the sound of the waves. We have to mention that it is located in the most famous area in Punta Cana – Bavaro. Nevertheless, it is just 25 minutes drive by car to Playa Blanca.
- Villa Waterfall. Be sure that this luxury two floors villa will allow you to feel like you are in a fairy tale. The modern design is made in light, natural colors. There is a magnificent swimming pool and even a waterfall. So, you will definitely get the maximum dose of relaxation. Villa Waterfall is located in Bavaro, at the Cocotal Golf & Country Club, that is why you will see the well-groomed golf course just from your terrace.
To get more options with accommodations, you can always check our website. In addition, we strongly recommend that you read an article about where to stay in Punta Cana during the pandemic.
Updated on: . Author: