FAQ: Lodging in Punta Cana. Top 12 Questions 2023 from our Reception in Los Corales
1. What is nearby Los Corales?
Los Corales is a perfectly-sited area in Bavaro, Punta Cana, that, as well as being situated right on the Los Corales Beach, is rounded with numerous bars, restaurants, gift shops, supermarkets, drug stores, and different beach activities. It means whichever direction you choose to walk, you surely bump into a good place. Being a touristic spot, there’s always something interesting taking place in bars and restaurants around (walking distance), such as live music, karaoke nights, dancing nights, etc. If you are interested in going shopping or, maybe, more nightlife entertainments or excursions, don’t worry, a short ride (max 20 minutes) and you reach any place in the city. Sounds like fun? It is! Ask us if a recommendation is needed, we know when, where and how!
2. Do you have Disco Clubs in Punta Cana?
Yes, of course! Although we would like to note that most people here prefer open bars with Latin American music, there are also good disco clubs that locals and travelers like. For more information, go to the section Excursions → Party and fun on our website, and you can easily find good options for a great night out. For even more reference, you can look up PC nightclubs such as ORO, Imagine, Cocobongo, Legacy, and you might also like bars like Congo bar and Kan. We would be happy to make your vacation time super fun!
3. Do you require a Security deposit?
No matter where you book with us: our site, Airbnb, Homeaway, Booking.com or any other booking engine, maybe through email or phone, directly in person, etc, you will be asked to pay a deposit. The amount of the deposit varies depending on the property you are renting, but what remains unchanged is that at your check out ( or some days later if you book through Homeaway for example) you are given it back. In case of damages, you may cover them with the deposit. Also, you may use it to pay your electricity consumption at the end of the stay, which is a great solution for your budget planning.
4. Why should we buy excursions from you?
Of course, you shouldn’t! You are the one who decides how, where and what to book for your vacation. But we’ve been working with and picking up the best activities in the area, so we can guarantee:
- That you will be picked up in the closest point to your location and on time
- That we will be available for contact 24/7
- That you will get the best services from LICENCED providers
- That you will get providers who proved to be professional and of high quality through the years
As we have been working and living here for decades, we can make you the activities plan so that everything goes smoothly and as planned.
5. Can I request a late check-out?
We are always eager to give our guests the best experience and help with everything we can. Unfortunately, late check out is not possible if we have other guests coming the same day. If you know in advance that you need a late check out and we have no check in the very same day, we can block a day for you with extra charges including a good discount. We also can store your luggage until it’s a better time for you to leave.
6. Is it possible to get an early check-in?
Apart from being always open to guests’ needs, we also know the importance of proper cleaning and maintenance. That’s why we have set the check-in and check-out time. To be able to prepare the property to your arrival our amazing cleaning team needs enough time. But please, don’t get frustrated if you know that you will have to be waiting. Keep in touch with us! We always can help with storing your luggage, we can indicate places to visit and things to do before the check-in time.
7. Can I use a swimming pool & other areas if I arrive before check-in?
Yes, you can. You can also store your luggage at the reception or some other safe and close-to-the-property place while you are enjoying the beach, pool or close by restaurants.
8. Are beaches private in Punta Cana?
According to the Dominican law, the beach is a public space, so you will surely meet some tourists, street vendors and just wandering locals in the area between the residential and the coastline. But don’t worry, firstly, our properties have their private places with chaise lounges and umbrellas reserved especially for our guests. Secondly, in case you feel uncomfortable with vendors and other beach people (normally, they are friendly and it’s enough to say them “no”), let us know or approach directly to the security guard – you will get help right away.
9. What is average electricity price per night in Punta Cana?
Our experience shows that electricity consumption can vary drastically, that is why it is paid separately by each guest depending on how much they use it. So, to give you an idea of what it can be, the average bill for electricity usage is between 5$ to 30$ per night. (But throughout the years we have got our champs who managed to make it less than 1$ per night and others who once had it for 70$ per night!) Anyway, at the check in you will be shown the meter box, you will have the reading at your arrival and at the check-out, everything is transparent.
10. What electrical plugs are used in Punta Cana?
The standard voltage in Punta Cana is 110V / 60Hz. Power plugs and sockets are generally Type A or Type B (like in the United States).
11. How to get to your reception in Los Corales?
- Leave Punta Cana Airport, following the signs in the direction of
- Turn Right at the Intersection where Sunix, Down Town and San Juan Shopping Center are located, following the signs in the direction of Bavaro.
- Pass San Juan Shopping Center (on your right), Barcelo Hotels, IFA, Melia Hotels, NH, Now Larimar.
- Arriving at the intersection of El Dorado and Playa Turquesa where Ciccolella Supermarket is, go straight (don’t turn left on the main street) and keep Supermarket on your right.
- At the first street corner, turn right, then at the first street corner turn left.
- At the Stanza Mare turn right, pass the security barrier.
- Go straight for 100 meters and turn right at first corner.
- You’ll find our reception on your left side.
La Romana Airport:
53 miles | 1 hour | 84 km | Taxi Service From US$ 120
Punta Cana Airport:
12 miles | 25 minutes | 19 km | Taxi Service From US$ 35
12. Why are you asking for my ID on check-in?
Our properties are located in closed and secure residential areas that have stricter rules for entering and leaving the place. That’s why we ask for your IDs – for us to be able to prepare passes for you and your group upfront. In this case, you won’t have to wait at the security gate until the administration confirms access for you and the check in will go fast and smooth. So, the photocopies of your IDs will be used only for that matter and will never be reused. This is a very important procedure and we will appreciate your cooperation.
Updated on: . Author: