Dominican Republic Travel Restrictions 2022 FAQ – Curfew in the DR
Excellent recent news! Our team is incredibly pleased to inform you that from August 9, 2021 there will be no more curfew for some main tourist areas of the Dominican Republic! You can find more relevant and detailed information in our recent article about the curfew and restrictions in August 2021 →
As quarantine rules and restrictions are constantly changing, it’s hard to keep a track of everything happening. We will make sure you know all the necessary and latest news before coming for your vacation in the Dominican Republic.
1. Do I need a negative COVID-19 test to enter the DR?
Although the DR government does not require a negative COVID-18 test from everyone by arriving at the airport, they can ask randomly selected travelers to take a test. That is why we recommend everyone to have a negative PCR test on arriving in the Dominican Republic. However, if you have not got one, it is not a problem: getting tested for COVID at the airport (if you are randomly selected from the group of hundreds of passengers) takes no more than 15 minutes.
2. Should I show a negative COVID-19 test when departure home?
It is important to remember to take a PCR test before departure home: the US and the Canagian governments, as well as authorities of most European countries, require a negative PCR test result from travellers entering the countries. In this article we gathered all the necessary information about easy and comfortable ways of getting tested in the DR.
3. Are bars and restaurants open in the Dominican Republic?
The Public Health Ministry officially announced that hotels, bars, and restaurants may operate in compliance with the health protocols established by the government. Bars, restaurants, and clubs are open and gladly welcome quests, following all quarantine safety rules for sure.
4. Are there any restrictions for the DR during COVID-19 pandemic?
Here are some public places and services important to follow to stay healthy and enjoy your vacation:
- Alcoholic drinks cannot be sold between 6 pm – 5 am
- There can’t be gatherings of more than 10 people in the public places
- Restaurants are limited to 60% capacity and no more than 6 people at a table
- Cultural, artistic, and sports events have been suspended as they may lead to concentration of people
5. What are the Curfew hours in the Dominican Republic?
Traveling to the DR one more important thing to note is curfew hours. From 7th July the nationwide curfew is from 10 pm to 5 am Monday to Friday. And from 7 pm – 5 am on Saturday and Sunday accordingly.
Renting a villa or apartment for your family and friends can be a great option as you would be able to enjoy your vacation on your green terrace anytime. Here we gathered everything you need to know about curfew restrictions in the DR.
6. What are the COVID-19 guidelines for travel to the DR?
Here are some things to remember so you stay healthy and safe on your trip:
- Wear a mask in public places
- Follow social distancing rules
- Public transport operates at a reduced capacity
- The Dominican authorities recommend those over 60 years old or with underlying health conditions to stay at home unless it is an essential trip
The Dominican Republic authorities follow all rules and recommendations to keep guests and citizens safe. Following these small steps, you still can safely come to the DR and enjoy your vacation under the tender Dominican sun.
Following these easy steps and coming to the DR, you will be completely free to enjoy your vacation here. It is completely safe to travel to the Dominican Republic. The DR government does it all to make sure travelers and citizens are safe, they follow all the sanitary norms and quarantine measures.
If you still have any questions, we will gladly answer them and help you to organize the best vacation for you. Write to us on WhatsApp, on our email (email@example.com), or online chat on the website (in the lower right corner).
Updated on: . Author: