The Dominican Republic New Curfew Restrictions on Christmas and New Year 2021
The Vice President of the Dominican Republic, Raquel Peña, announced new DR curfew restrictions for the Christmas and New Year celebrations due to the increase in COVID-19 cases. The Government does everything to preserve the health and lives of its people. Following the new DR quarantine measures during the Christmas celebrations is very important. This will help the government to avoid strengthening quarantine restrictions in the future.
“We all agree that between health and fun the greatest good is health” – Raquel Peña said.
Curfew Restrictions in the DR in December 2020
The Ministry of Public Health explained that they have to take such measures according to current epidemiological data. It will help the government to keep contagions under control. The Dominicans must follow this schedule from December 24 to December 31:
- The curfew time will be from 7:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. Although free transit for cars available until 1:00 am on December 25 and January 1.
- Among the new provisions of the Dominican Republic COVID-10 measures is a new quarantine system for some of the area. Namely, for the National District and the provinces of Santo Domingo, Santiago, Duarte, La Vega, and Puerto Plata. Curfew restrictions will last there from Monday to Sunday from 7:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Although free transit for cars is available until 9:00 p.m., thus ensuring a reasonable time for citizens to reach their homes.
- Despite the curfew restrictions in some areas of the Dominican Republic, they do not apply to the Bavaro, Punta Cana. The Government did not implement any new prohibitions or strict quarantine measures there. So until December 24 or any new statements, all the restrictions and sanitary safety measures remain the same in Punta Cana.
Existing quarantine rules in the Dominican Republic
In addition to the Dominican Republic curfew restrictions, it is obligatory to follow the existing quarantine rules. The coordinator of the Health Cabinet also emphasized that it is important to remember and follow all the necessary sanitary rules. Namely:
- Remember to keep a safe distance between yourself and other people. Stay at least two arms’ length away.
- Always wear a medical mask in public spaces.
- Limitation of meeting to groups of 10 people.
Nevertheless, you can stay safe and go on an incredible journey. Apart from some curfew restrictions and rules, The Dominican Republic has for you always-available attractions: sky blue ocean waves, the most picturesque beaches and landscapes, sweet fruits, the best villas for your perfect vacation even during the quarantine. Make sure you stay safe and take this chance to enjoy the Dominican hospitality in the high season 2020-2021!
Updated on: . Author: